Friday, May 18, 2012

Rejuvenated

With all that has been happening, I will admit that I am flat tuckered out!  I am so tired that I can't see straight which is why I almost declined to attend a school awards assembly last night at my division's high school.  However I am so glad I went!

As the Association president for Amherst Education Association, I was honored to be the one to award two 5oo dollar scholarships to future colleagues, high school students who are headed into education.  Both of these students were deserving of these scholarships but I will say that one will forever remain in my memory,  One of the scholarships was awarded to a student I had in 3rd grade.  He and his twin brother were two of my favorite students! (Of course, every student was a favorite of mine.)  I am thrilled I got the privilege to give him the scholarship.  Young beginning professionals like this young man make the fight for education worthwhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

January 3, 2020

     OK, I wanted to post something since the new year started but today is probably not the right day to do so.  If you check my page en...