Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day Two of My Picture Project


On day two of my picture project I am supposed to post a picture of the person with whom I have been the closet to longest. That is a no brainer! It has to be my sister, Wanda. My sister is two years younger than I am and is probably my best friend! She was my maid of honor in my wedding and was the very first person to know when I got pregnant with my first child. In fact, she knew before I told my husband. The day I found out that I was expecting, I was on the campus of Liberty University. That was where my doctor was located. My sister worked at Sears in the mall. I left campus and went straight to the mall. When I told her that I was pregnant, she asked me what Mark thought. I said I didn't know. I hadn't told him yet. Over the years she has been my personal shopper, my baby sitter, my daughter's Girl Scout leader, as well as my confidant. We have shared lots of secrets over the years. When my sister told me in 2000 that she was leaving Lynchburg to move to Fredericksburg because of her husband's job, I came close to having a nervous breakdown. She asked me to be responsible for something for something for which I wanted nothing to do with. This spurred me to seek out counseling and when I did so, Wanda was the only person in the family that seemed to understand and support me. My biggest wish is that Lynchburg would grow to a point where it would attract jobs that my brother-in-law would be interested in. That way, my sister could come back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

January 3, 2020

     OK, I wanted to post something since the new year started but today is probably not the right day to do so.  If you check my page en...