Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 16 of My Picture Project

Day 16 is all about someone who inspires me. I love the story of Corrie Ten Boom! I can't count how many times I have read the book, The Hiding Place. In May 192 the Ten Boom family took in their first Jewish person for hiding. Corrie's father, Casper, believed Jews were indeed "the chosen," and told the woman, "In this household, God's people are always welcome." Because of the help Corrie and her family gave God's Chosen people, they were arrested and all sent to the concentration camps. Corrie was the only one in her family that survived. One of the most inspirational parts of Corrie's life is the story about a former SS guard at the Ravensbrück women’s concentration camp who asked Corrie ten Boom to forgive him for his crime of being a camp guard. This guard had been one of the most hateful and one that she believed was directly responsible for the death of her sister, Betsie. Corrie hesitated, in the book she describes the anger she felt toward this man, but then, with God's help, she held out her hand and forgave him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

January 3, 2020

     OK, I wanted to post something since the new year started but today is probably not the right day to do so.  If you check my page en...