Friday, January 7, 2011

Day Seven of My Picture Project


Today I get to share the item that I value the most. There are many things that are special to me. My friend, who started me on this project, posted a picture of her wedding bands. Of course, mine are special to me as well. I have a Bible cover that came from Pops and a "teacher's pin" that he insisted I should have. I have several things that my children made for me over the years, and like any mother would, I treasure those items. However, the one item that I dearly love is the locket that my aunt gave me several years ago. It had belonged to my Grandma Creasy. I had just found out some very disturbing news that turned my world upside down. I am not really sure that anyone really understands how the news deeply affected me. Even to this day the news I was confronted with still disturbs me and leaves me with many questions about my value within my family of origin. I called my cousin, Todd, to share the news with him. He wasn't supposed to tell anyone, but he called his mother anyway. My aunt then brought me this locket which had belonged to Grandma. Inside the locket there are two pictures, one of me and one of Todd. My aunt's gift and her reminder of how much Grandma Creasy loved all of us means a great deal to me. Ever since the day I was given this locket, I have kept it safely tucked away in my curio cabinet. When I need a pick-me-up during an upsetting time, I go get the locket and hold it tightly in one hand while I read my Bible. I am not sure if what I treasure the most is not the locket that belonged to Grandma but rather the memory of Grandma's love or the concern of my cousin and aunt for my welfare. Or probably, all of the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

January 3, 2020

     OK, I wanted to post something since the new year started but today is probably not the right day to do so.  If you check my page en...