Thursday, September 12, 2019

Picking Up the Pen . . . Again

So, I haven't blogged since 2012 when we were building our house.  Well, here it is 2019 and we have been in our home for 7 years.  So much has happened in the past 7 years.  We moved in with my sweet mother-in-law who was getting up in years and could not safely live by herself anymore.  There were times that she would call us up in the middle of the night because a light bulb had blown out and the lamp needed to work right then.  Or there was the time that she called in the middle of the night and wanted my husband (her son) to go get fish oil so that her heart medication would work. I tried to tell her the medication would work fine without fish oil but in the end, my husband climbed out of bed that night and went to buy fish oil.  Thank God for all night stores like Walmart! 

Well moving Mom in with us didn't make things any easier.  In months it became evident that something was medically wrong and within a year we had a double diagnosis of kidney failure and Alzheimers.  In April of 2016, my saintly, sweet mother-in-law moved residences once again.  This time she left Earth to live in the mansion that had been prepared for her.  (John 14:2) 

The picture here with this post is Mom in December 2013.  She is holding her great-grandson, Ryan.  Ryan is my daughter's first baby.  This is how I like to remember Mom, smiling, enjoying herself.  She loved to read the Bible.  She loved people.  She loved me and I needed that love desperately. 

The Easter following this picture Mom ended up in the hospital because her blood sugar dropped down to 30 three times in one week.  It was only after the third time that we discovered the kidney failure and at that time she was pronounced stage 4. 

It has taken me an additional 3 years to find the motivation to return to my blog.   My intent is to keep a document of happenings here on my blog that I want to remember because I am tired of Facebook.  But that is for another post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

January 3, 2020

     OK, I wanted to post something since the new year started but today is probably not the right day to do so.  If you check my page en...